Friday, January 9, 2009

Introducing Myself




Hi.

I'm Austin. Austin Gille.

I just moved to South Padre Island, TX about a week ago.

I used to live in Austin, TX where I attended the University of Texas at Austin. I am still currently enrolled in UT and am planning to graduate this May with a BS-Retail Merchandising and a Business Certification through McCombs School of Business at UT.


What brought me to the small world of SPI?

*school
*a career
*life transition
*my love

Let's begin...

Like I said I am a senior at UT and have completely all of my coursework (except for the 2 online classes of English and History that I am pushing farther and farther away from me, but that's a whole other blog). As a retail merchandising major you are required to go through UT's Internship program and enter into the world of interns your last semester at UT. Did I want to stay in Austin and do this? I could have. But I would have missed him a whole lot.

Him. Him is Chad Hart.

My wonderful boyfriend of over a year now who I lived with back in Austin. We still have our home there, only now 2 girls are renting it for the 6 months we'll be in South Padre. I hope they are taking care of it.

Chad, himself, is many many blogs, on my personal blog, so I'll sum it up. We met last Oct 2007 and have been dating since. He runs a College Student Travel company, Inertia Tours.


Inertia was the reason we met, details in my personal blog. He usually moves down to SPI for the Spring Break season in Feb and is here till April like he was last Spring Break '08.

I came to SPI a couple times to visit and for a week long vaca with my girls during our Texas Week Vacation here in South Padre. It was a blast!

Well knowing that I needed an internship Chad knew a couple, Jackie and Jerry, who did Beach Weddings down here in SPI. www.southpadreweddings.com They were willing to take on an intern and help them out this season. Next thing I know I'm convincing my internship director to allow me to do event planning in the place of retail and here I am!

It's a new year. A new start. I'm both excited and nervous all at the same time. I've left what I've known behind and it's a big transition and a new chapter in my life right now. But the one thing I'm definitely thankful for is that he, Chad, is with me here the whole way.

No comments:

Post a Comment