I hadn't met Jackie or Jerry yet. They are the owners of South Padre Weddings here on the island.
Had talked to Jackie the night before on Tuesday and she said she was back from Christmas vacation and we already had a visit with a bride at 8:30am on Wednesday. I told her I'd be there at 8:00am to be early before the bride.
Wow.
I hadn't woken up that early in some time so it was a little struggle for me, although I couldn't get my mind off my new internship the entire night before.
I arrived to Jackie and Jerry's who live in Port Isabel. We jumped right in and began talking wedding business and preparing for our bride.
She didn't arrive till around 10:00am or so which Jackie said was normal with brides. I think I'll have to get used to someone else being late.
Long discussion with the bride. Figured out what she did and didn't want. This bride was simple and informal. Found her what she wanted for a budget of only $5,000!
Goes to show you that you can in fact have a beach wedding at South Padre Island for 5k and South Padre Weddings will make it happen for you.
We then headed over to Louie's Backyard.
Met Dan Stanton who I had met through Chad last year. Talked to him for a bit then headed over to see our bride who had already arrived and was checking out the location.After Louie's we went right next store and talked with John who knows the Sail boat right next door with Southern Wave.

It's always interesting meeting the locals on the island.
That was pretty much the extent of the day. Seems much longer when it's happening rather than when I'm journal*ing about it on here.
I will say I enjoyed it.

No comments:
Post a Comment